Twenty One

If you haven't been following along on social media (which you can follow here, here, and here), this past weekend, Claire and I celebrated our 21st birthday! Our birthday party was on Saturday night, and our actual birthday was Monday. So many of our friends and family came to celebrate with us and wished us love, which we were truly humbled about. We couldn't of asked for anything more!



Turning 21 in Australia does not mean as much as it does in the U.S, because I have been able to legally drink alcohol for three years' now. But there are other things that being 21 means - like getting our own Ambulance membership! Being 21 certainly feels like the beginning of something new. Especially because my University graduation is the same week as my birthday, and I'll soon be exploring life outside of school.

I love the Dianne von Furstenberg quote, "I didn't know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to be." How amazing is that? In a time of so much uncertainty regarding the future of employment (and job titles being invented all the time) focusing on who you are as a person is the best thing you can do, because yourself is one of the things you can rely on. I want to embrace my youth while I still can and experience everything life can give me, but I also want to do that while maintaining grace and the aspect of etiquette which promotes kindness. This may sound conflicting to some. I know, upholding etiquette and social graces sounds a bit stuffy! But I hope that one day I will be able to find the perfect balance. I still will be posting about fashion on this blog, because I love fashion as much as I love art (which is basically more than life itself). However, expect a lot more lifestyle related posts as I learn how to achieve my personal goals and share my journey with you as well.

Thank you to everyone who brought so much love and joy to mine and Claire's birthday celebrations. We are truly blessed to have such beautiful people in our lives!

Much love,
Grace.

No comments