Outfits of the Week | Finals

Ahh yes, another SWOTVAC week has come and gone. It is weird to think that I only have one more to go through, ever! For those of you who don't know, SWOTVAC stands for Study Without Teaching Vacation. Basically, it is the week between classes finishing and the exam period starting. It is a whirlwind of revision as you try to re-learn twelve weeks worth of content, or, in my case as an Arts student, spending the week trying to write multiple essays that are most likely due on the same day, or within the same week.

My tip to surviving SWOTVAC is to dress like you still have your life together. I mean it! If you look like you are confident on the outside, eventually, internally your mind will catch up. Does this actually work? Who knows! But whatever gets you through, y'all! 

MONDAY



Claire and I decided to hit up the library this SWOTVAC, instead of our usual staying home stuck to our desks for most of the week. On Monday, as I still wasn't sure how the week was going to turn out, I wanted to be comfortable just in case. So I pulled on my slightly oversized monogram quarter-zip pullover (Comfiest. Jumper. EVER!), with my usual blue jeans and white Converse. I added my rain jacket for an extra layer when I was outside, and put my hair in a high ponytail to keep my hair out of my face. 


TUESDAY


Tuesday was a rush as I had a shift at work in the morning, which I came straight home from to quickly get changed before I jumped on a train to head to the library again. I had my hair in a braid for work and I decided to keep it in for study. Let me tell you this now, you can never go wrong with a collared shirt under a jumper. You cannot really tell in this photo because I was literally on my way out the door, but underneath my puffy vest and usual plaid scarf, I wore a white sleeveless button shirt underneath a navy jumper from H&M. Super easy and super comfortable!


WEDNESDAY



Wednesday I decided to spend at home and take it a bit easy. As it was the first day of Winter, it was only appropriate that I worked from bed to put the finishing touches on my Baroque Art essay ready for my friend to read through it for me. This outfit probably doesn't suit my rule of dressing like you sill have your life together, but man, was my leggings, fuzzy bed socks and rugby jumper from Year 12 the coziest thing ever! It is all about balance, y'all.

THURSDAY

(The ribbon just completes the outfit)

Turns out that studying in the library at Uni is at least 10 times more productive than working from home, so I packed my oversized GAP tote once again and spent another day in the library. Well, an hour and a half long lunch break on the lawn might have been included, but hey, we still got work done! 
I wore my riding boots to dinner at a friends house Wednesday night and I realised that they have officially been broken in to the point that they are more comfortable than I could have ever imagined! Ao I decided to wear them to Uni, paired with leggings, a long plaid shirt and a navy cardigan plus vest for layers. This is actually my favourite outfit of the week. 


FRIDAY

Today is a work/upload this blog post/volunteering day for me. I didn't realise how much SWOTVAC would affect me until I was at work early this morning. But it's okay y'all, because we power through! Once again, the faithful combination of collard shirt, jumper and statement necklace pulled through to make me look like someone who totally isn't about to fall asleep standing up.

To all of my fellow students out there studying for exams or frantically writing essays, I wish you the best of luck. I believe in you! Mid-year break will be here before you know it. 

No comments