Summer Reading List

Now that I have officially finished my degree, this means that I can now spend all of my time reading for leisure! Growing up I was always a bookworm. I still love reading, but I think the past three years of academic reading has diminished my spirit towards the activity slightly. I want to get back into the habit of reading so many books and novels for fun. So today I have compiled a short-list of the books I want to read over the Summer.



Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan | Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley | The Single's Game by Lauren Weisberger | Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon | Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton | The Hopefuls by Jennifer Close | The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories by Marina Keegan | The Assistants: A Novel by Camille Perri | Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick

Considering the current period of my life, I feel that there is a definite theme to some of the books I have added to my list. Especially due to the current socio-political climate in America, and the fact that I just wrote a U.S History essay on the school integration process, I am excited to read Robin Talley's Lies We Tell OurselvesCommencement explores friendships which form in College and continue post-graduation, and how feminism applies to each of the characters' lives. An appropriate choice as my friends and I are still finding out how to create our paths as feminists. Marina Keegan's posthumous collection of works, The Opposite of Loneliness, seems like the most appropriate post-graduation read, especially as they were written while she was in College and was preparing for her own post-graduation life. Anna Kendrick is one of my favourite actresses since I saw Up in The Air and 50/50. I am so excited to read her book of essay's - especially because I love her wit and humour. The last notable mention is The Assistants, a story about women finding careers outside of the position of being a professional assistant. No doubt going to be a motivational kick as I begin my Real Adult career!

Which books are on your Summer reading list? I would love some more suggestions!

No comments