The Lilly Pulitzer Shift

G'Day y'all!

I am so excited to present you one of my purchases from the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale! This is also my first official Lilly Pulitzer shift dress (not including my Lilly for Target dress), and I couldn't be more stoked about it. If you haven't heard of Lilly Pulitzer before, it is an American clothing brand that is iconic for its colourful prints with classic styles. The classic, Lilly shift dress is a staple for every Preppy gal, and now that I have my own, I can see why!




This is the hot coral Trunk In Love Mila shift dress. I am in love! As I was choosing which dresses to purchase in the sale, I knew that I wanted to find a dress that could fit in the Melbourne style. Lilly Pulitzer prints can definitely be quite out there, and I am not sure if Melbourne, a city who swears by an all black wardrobe, would be able to handle it. When I stumbled upon this number, I knew that I definitely had to have it! It does not look like a typical Lilly dress, however, the fun neon pink and coral colour combination are totally in the Lilly style. 

The circular lace detail around the neckline and down the sides of the dress are such a perfect little touch to this classic silhouette. The detail around my neck makes me feel like I'm wearing a big string of pearls and I'm on my way to a garden party in the 60s with Jackie O. (Did my imagination just run away from me a little bit there?) I decided to pair the dress with some heeled mules for that Melbourne influence. However, I am on the hunt for a perfect pair of summer wedges to go with this dress for a fun, Summer event.

As I bought this dress in the After Party Sale, it is no longer on sale. However, Lilly's prints at the moment are totally nailing it, so you should definitely still have a browse. I am trying to come up with a reason to purchase this romper full price... It will be the perfect for getting drinks, or even going to a barbeque with friends!

Have a great week, y'all!


No comments