Packing for a Summer Road-Trip

Happy Friday, friends! Today I am packing and getting everything organised for a couple of mini-trips I will be going on this upcoming week. Firstly, this weekend I will be visiting my parents and staying with them, before I leave from my hometown to go on a road-trip with my best friend to Brisbane as she is moving to Queensland. I still cannot believe that my best friend is moving to the other side of the country! I mean sure, we are used to having a long-distance friendship for the past two years now, but moving to a different state is a lot worse than being no more than three hours apart.



How cute is my leopard print carry-on?! This bag came with a full size suitcase as a gift from my parents for my seventeenth birthday as my first proper luggage set. Every time I use it I cannot help but feel a bit glamorous, walking around with this animal print hanging off my elbow. 

Here are a few of the road-trip essentials I am packing:

Denim Jacket: I got mine from H&M a couple of years ago, but any regular denim jacket will do. Because denim jackets are perfect for throwing over any outfit during Summer. Also to protect you from the slight chill of the breeze coming through the open windows and sun roof as you drive.

Maybelline FitME foundation and concealer: Concealer for the days spent mostly in the car, because let's face it, who wants to put on a full face of make-up for a car ride? The foundation is for when you want more coverage for days spent exploring towns and cities. The matte + poreless foundation is so light and makes your skin feel so smooth! 

Easy-read novel: I watched the movie of The Longest Ride recently, and I loved it so much I watched it again 24 hours later. Not going to lie, I am a sucker for a Nicholas Sparks film. I have never read any of his books, so I bought The Longest Ride to read in the car. For those moments when yo run out of things to say, and just want to enjoy the silence. 

iPod: As I have wifi at home and wifi at Uni, the only time I use my mobile data it seems is to listen to music on the Spotify app during the commute to-and-from Uni. Every road-trip needs music, but I don't want to be using my data to listen to Spotify, so I have dug up my blue 4th generation iPod Nano for the trip. For the perfect (or not-so perfect) soundtrack of throwback songs.

Baseball Cap: You should really be wearing hats during Summer, especially if there is a sunroof. A cap instead of a straw hat, because it fits on my head better, and we do not need a hat flying out of the car. My cap is a UniMelb one, and it is navy, which means that it goes with pretty much all of my outfits. 

No comments