Gingham and Loafers

SURPRISE! It's a Tuesday and I have another fashion post for you all. This was so unexpected, right? Probably not, but we can just humour me for a second. Today I have been enjoying one of the final chilled-out days before Uni starts for my final year of undergrad at my best friend, Miriam's, house. The weather has been a bit gloomy today, so we have been baking, and we watched Bridget Jones's Diary. Who doesn't love watching Colin Firth and Hugh Grant, in what is possibly the most British -and best- fight scene ever, on a cloudy/rainy/cold day? I am actually writing this blog post while wrapped up in Miriam's dressing gown and drinking a cup of tea. I am so ready for the cooler months, y'all. 




First of all, can we please talk about THE SHOES in this outfit? I love any type of loafer/driving shoe/moccasin, especially in brown. I always tend to lean towards a brown shoe over a black one. I saw these flats in Target a couple of weeks ago, and I fell in love straight away. However, I left them behind and decided to come back a few weeks later, and guys, I was still just as in love as I was the first time I saw them. So of course I bought them, and at $35, can you really blame me? I bought my favourite pair of loafers from Target last year, and a year later they are still in perfect shape. Target knows how to make a great quality leather flat, so I know that these shoes are going to last a while. The only thing I need to do now is break them in before Uni starts again. Ouch!

The other long-lasting item I am loving in this outfit is my gingham button down shirt. A blue gingham shirt is a must have in any prep's wardrobe. Good thing I love blue gingham! I bought this shirt from H&M last Autumn, and I seriously wore this thing every week during Autumn/Winter/Spring since I got it. It is still in perfect shape, and there is no signs of wear at all. Talk about good quality! 

I hope that you have enjoyed this surprise fashion post. Outfit posts are my favourites to do, so I thought, why limit myself to doing a fashion post once a week? I will continue to have more written, thought posts, just when I think of them. Blogging isn't fun if you have to force yourself, you know?

Who else is feeling ready to head back to Uni? Or are we wanting to drag out Summer for as long as we can?

Rain Jacket: Target (no longer available) | Shirt: H&M (similar) | Jeans: Just Jeans 'Slim n Flatten Skinny Jean' | Flats: Target

No comments